It is always advisable for you to master your craft and know all the necessary things to do in order to excel in the music business.
Most of the time, emerging Musicians do their best to hack the system in order to breakthrough but their efforts result “cos 90”.
It is difficult for most Musicians to convert their music passion into business, because they fail to follow certain standards that could sustain them to the mainstream.
Most Musicians also copy blindly from the mainstream artists.
As an emerging Musician, some gigs that mainstream Musicians apply may not work for you at your level.
Here are five main reasons why most upcoming Musicians are not making it to the mainstream.
1. Lack of Funds / Investment – Investing in your own talent has a very broad branches which includes, investing in your personality, recordings, promotions on various digital streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple music, tidal, Napster, etc) and social media sponsored advertisement.
2. Poor Promotional Plans – About 95% of emerging Musicians have improper structures in promoting their songs.
These artists rejects promotions on the digital streaming platform but rather focuses solely on local promotions in a spammy way.
Most of the emerging Musicians do not plan or make budget for their music promotions.
3. Lack Of Focus – Focus is the key in all life endeavours.
Sometimes, the very focused artist losses concentration along the way.
But mind you, the ups and downs are what you need to write more gigs in your songs.
Its very frustrating sometimes but you gotta buck up, because no pain no gain.
4. Lack Of Technical Know-How – A survey done by Kingsmotiongh.com on how various Upcoming Musicians handle their social media plarforms indicates that, about 90% have a zero idea about how these social platforms algorithm work.
Due to this, their posts on various social media platforms are not getting the necessary recognition.
Also, they have zero gigs on how they can win ambassadorial deals with their social pages.
5. Poor Branding Structures – Branding yourself is the surest way to gain recognition to the mainstream.
WATCH THIS VIDEO BELOW FOR DETAILED EXPLANATION.